With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
Natural Capital Partners works with more than 300 companies in 33 countries, including Microsoft, VMWare, Marks and Spencer, Intuit and Bain and Company to reduce their environmental impacts, ensure their renewable energy and carbon reduction programs deliver results, enable them to demonstrate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) leadership, and have a positive impact on the environment and communities.
With more than twenty years’ experience, we have developed a comprehensive knowledge of sourcing high-quality environmental instruments to meet our clients’ rapidly changing requirements. We work with more than 368 emission reduction projects in 49 countries on six continents and have contracted more than 28 million tonnes of CO2e and nearly 9.9 million MWh of renewable energy on our clients’ behalf.
From renewable energy to greenhouse gas emissions measurement and offsetting, to water stewardship, reforestation and forest conservation, building supply chain resilience and protecting biodiversity, we have developed a track record of innovation and quality in the pursuit of solutions that will meet our clients’ needs.
We are looking for an outstanding finance professional to join our team in the role of Vice President of Finance based in our Charleston, South Carolina office.
The Vice President of Finance's primary responsibility is to manage the Finance function of Natural Capital Partners. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking a range of additional core financial tasks to satisfy both internal and external reporting requirements, as well as, financial planning and analysis working closely with the CEO and COO to provide information they need to make optimized strategic, operational, and tactical decisions.
Budgeting, cash position and forecasting
- Supervise cash position, generate monthly cashflow forecasts in all currencies
- Identify and manage balance sheet FX risk
- Develop revenue forecasts with Sales team based on pipeline analysis
- Manage annual budgeting process
- Create, update, and maintain financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations and capital, facilities and staff requirements
Financial planning and analysis
- Compare historical results against budgets and forecasts, performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and recommend opportunities for improvement
- Develop and implement finance operational strategies by evaluating trends (e.g., purchase price/margin/profitability by product/client, supply optimization, etc.)
- Undertake comprehensive analytical work with senior management in connection with business strategy and development, as well as, corporate strategy and development
Commercial structuring and approvals
- Manage negotiated payment terms, pricing and margin approvals with COO and Sales team
- Coordinate with Global Markets (Purchasing) on pricing strategy and speculative opportunities
Financial reporting and investor relations
- Review and approve month-end reporting pack for senior management
- Prepare materials for quarterly board meetings to support CEO/Chairman presentations
Management of Finance team direct reports
- Finance Manager
Financial control of daily operations, payroll, invoice approvals, payment and cash management, general ledger integrity, preparation of monthly management accounts, management of annual financial audit, onboarding process for new hires, tax, statutory and overall financial compliance reporting, maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- AP/AR Analyst
Invoicing process, purchase order process, receivables and collection management, payables management, funding requirements reporting, systems and month end reconciliations, bank reconciliations, inventory ledger, accruals and prepayments, filing assistance, employee expense processing
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 -7 years in Finance roles
- Experience with advanced accounting system (e.g., QuickBooks, SAP, Hyperion, etc.) required. Experience with outbound SAGE migration preferred
- Legal ability to work in geography (i.e., national or holder of work permit required)
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills, methodical in approach with attention to detail
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills – person must be a self-starter and also a team player