With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
Natural Capital Partners works with more than 300 companies in 33 countries, including Microsoft, VMWare, Marks and Spencer, Intuit and Bain and Company to reduce their environmental impacts, ensure their renewable energy and carbon reduction programs deliver results, enable them to demonstrate Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) leadership, and have a positive impact on the environment and communities.
With more than twenty years’ experience, we have developed a comprehensive knowledge of sourcing high-quality environmental instruments to meet our clients’ rapidly changing requirements. We work with more than 368 emission reduction projects in 49 countries on six continents and have contracted more than 28 million tonnes of CO2e and nearly 9.9 million MWh of renewable energy on our clients’ behalf.
From renewable energy to greenhouse gas emissions measurement and offsetting, to water stewardship, reforestation and forest conservation, building supply chain resilience and protecting biodiversity, we have developed a track record of innovation and quality in the pursuit of solutions that will meet our clients’ needs.
We are looking for an outstanding finance professional to join our team in the role of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Analyst based in our Charleston, South Carolina office.
The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Analyst’s primary responsibility is to ensure that Natural Capital Partners’ client invoices are accurate, timely and clear, that the invoiced payments from our clients are received in a timely and complete manner, and that Natural Capital Partners pays invoices that are factual, verified and due. In addition, the successful candidate may be responsible for undertaking a range of additional core financial tasks to satisfy both internal and external reporting requirements. The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Analyst role may be a full-time or part-time role depending on the specific qualifications of a successful candidate.
Manage invoicing process
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Create and send invoices in a timely manner, ensuring all taxes are accounted for (e.g., sales tax, UK VAT, etc.), if applicable.
- Assist sales team with any ad-hoc requests regarding invoicing.
- Maintain purchase order system and generate POs upon request.
Manage Accounts Receivable
- Remain current on the status of all outstanding Receivables as they relate to invoice payment date.
- Analyze and distribute Accounts Receivable aging analysis on a monthly basis to Sales team.
- Send list of high risk Receivables to Sales team to assist renewal decision process.
- Determine best course of action to collect aging and outstanding Receivables (e.g., contact client directly, involve Sales team, debt collector, etc.).
- Work closely with Finance Manager to ensure proper internal procedures for collections are followed at all times.
Manage Accounts Payable
- Remain current on the status of all outstanding Payables as they relate to invoice payment date.
- Prepare payments to suppliers via online banking platforms and ensure they are made in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all accounts (USD, GBP, EUR) are sufficiently funded to service payment requirements.
- Systems and month end reconciliations (e.g., Salesforce, IAS inventory system, SAGE).
- Bank reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of online payment systems and credit card payments.
- Inventory ledger.
- Accruals and prepayments.
- Maintain fixed asset registers.
- Assist with other regulatory filings and calculations, including taxes.
- Process employee expense claims and check supporting documentation.
- Assist with the annual financial audit and liaise with external auditors (e.g., providing invoices).
- Assist Finance Manager with ad-hoc requests and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years in Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable.
- SAGE experience preferred or experience with other advanced accounting system (e.g., QuickBooks, SAP, Hyperion, etc.).
- Legal ability to work in geography (i.e., national or holder of work permit required).
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Excellent organizational skills, methodical in approach with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – person must be a self-starter and also a team player.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, mentioning Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Analyst in the subject line.