With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
Working as part of our client facing team, the Client Engagement Manager (CEM) is directly responsible for client retention and growth and plays a key role in new business development. Working in close conjunction with Business Development Managers and Sales Management, the CEM is responsible for working closely with our clients to leverage our products and value-add services to ensure that they continue to generate business value from our solutions. Key to the role is leading the renewals process and appropriately introducing internal resources to ensure successful outcomes. In addition, the CEM will work as part of the business development team the CEM will also and assist with the creation and review of proposals and propositions drawing on successful experiences with existing clients. The position requires strong interpersonal communications and organisational skills, project management ability and attention to detail to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and referrals.
The position requires proven experience working in a fast-paced specialised business development role, with some degree of autonomy and strong proactivity. You will be commercially minded with a natural ability to work under pressure. You will be a confident communicator with experience supporting the engagement and communication of technical programmes. You will be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail. You will be solution driven, with a helpful temperament and have an ability to follow tasks through to completion.
• Ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction and success through the development of a deep understanding of, and manage on a day to day basis, of the installed client base. This includes supporting client communications and engagement programmes directly related to our solutions as well as linkages to overall sustainability programmes and business operating results. Also includes the development of carbon reduction, renewable energy and natural capital strategies as well as overseeing client emissions assessments.
• Deliver excellent client satisfaction through exemplary service by helping clients leverage their programmes with Natural Capital to generate value for their business.
• Become an expert and trusted partner to our clients by developing a deep understanding of environmental markets, standards and infrastructure.
• Outstanding client interactions via phone, email, social media and face to face interactions including the preparation of compelling, professional presentations, proposals, communications and engagement programmes for existing clients and prospects.
• Manage internal resources to ensure delivery of excellent client service.
• Ensure that our clients with CarbonNeutral® certification are in compliance with the terms of their certification contracts.
• Management of client data including environmental instrument inventories and reconciliations along with account planning and administration, including updating our CRM system (Salesforce) and maintaining an accurate pipeline.
• Manage the renewals process for clients from awareness through to contract and engagement services.
• Development of client referral opportunities.
What we are looking for:
• Evidence of success in a client facing role and B2B environment.
• Illustration of ability to think strategically about the client relationship, develop a thorough understanding of the client objectives, and experience of creating long term value for both the client and the business.
• Experience of understanding client needs and translating those into action plans and managing those to a successful delivery through collaboration with internal departments.
• Strong experience supporting clients in the communication of technical programmes, including collaboration with internal marketing functions.
• Demonstration of strong sales and process management backed up with disciplined time management and organisational ability, attention to detail and business administration skills.
• Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions based on sound judgement and analytical techniques.
• Experience communicating technical products/services to non-technical audiences.
• Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
• Product marketing and communications skills to match client requirements with our solutions.
• Consultative approach, interpersonal and influencing skills, an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• The ideal candidate will be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail. They will be solution driven, with a helpful temperament and have an ability to follow tasks through to completion.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
• Multiple languages a plus.
• Commercially minded with a natural ability to work under pressure.
• Legal ability to work in geography (i.e., national or holder of work permit required).
• High level of proficiency with MS Office products – especially PowerPoint and Excel.