With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
The Client Engagement Manager (CEM) is responsible for the retention and growth of key client business within the Europe region. The CEM ensures that all existing and new key client programmes are delivered in accordance with the contracted requirements, working in partnership with the Senior Business Development Manager, marketing, and product teams.
Role responsibilities include ensuring that key clients effectively access our services and support to ensure they continue to generate business value from our products and solutions. The CEM is the day-to-day contact for key clients, leading on the delivery of programmes, resolution of challenges and identification of new business opportunities. It is essential to develop trusted relationships with client stakeholders across the client business, to successfully deliver the programme. This person is the interface between the client and company, requiring an in-depth relationship with internal stakeholders.
For a proportion of the key client portfolio, the CEM is accountable for the full cycle of client engagement, including; contract renewals, prospect identification, proposal design, administrative systems, contracting, service delivery and communication support. This responsibility enables space to innovate and grow the key client base.
Working with the product team, the CEM will ensure contracted products meet client needs. Working with the marketing team, the CEM will support the creation of tailored communication content, including; case studies, blogs, social media, programme and project reports, branding uses, interest topics. Working with the business development team, the CEM will identify new opportunities for client growth across Europe. Working with the certification team the CEM will ensure that client programmes are in compliance with the CarbonNeutral Protocol. The CEM has a deep understanding of, and manages on a day-to-day basis, the installed client base ranging from assisting with building client sustainability programmes, carbon emissions reduction and renewable energy strategies and overseeing the client emissions assessments. The CEM plays a critical role in ensuring an in-depth knowledge of the installed client base, to retain clients and grow revenue, resulting in high levels of client satisfaction and referrals.
What we are looking for
The position requires proven experience working in a fast-paced key account management or business development role, with a high degree of autonomy and strong proactivity. You will be commercially minded with a natural ability to work under pressure. You will be a confident and proven communicator with experience designing, developing and delivering technical client proposals. You will be highly organised with meticulous attention to detail. You will be solutions driven, with a helpful temperament and have an ability to follow tasks through to completion. You will be creative and innovative, with a focus on high quality deliverables.
- Evidence of success in a client facing role in B2B environment (five years+)
- Proven experience communicating technical products/services to non-technical audience
- Demonstration of strong sales process management from identification through to delivery
- Consultative approach, interpersonal and influencing skills, an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Strong experience supporting clients in the communication of technical programmes, including collaboration with internal marketing functions
- Illustration of ability to think strategically about the client relationship, develop a thorough understanding of the client objectives, and experience of creating long term value for both the client and the business
- Experience of understanding client needs and translating those into action plans, and managing those to a successful delivery through collaboration with internal departments
- Demonstrable and applied knowledge of client and programme management
- Demonstrable interest in corporate sustainability and environmental management, ideally with applied knowledge in previous roles
- Awareness of greenhouse gas reporting and environmental markets e.g. renewable energy and carbon
- Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions based on sound judgement and analytical techniques
- Minimum Bachelor degree in related discipline, post-graduate qualifications highly desirable
- Business proficiency in French, German and/or Swedish is highly desirable
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and business administrative skills
- Proven communication skills, including proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel, and email, phone and face to face
- CRM administrative system proficiency (e.g. Salesforce, Sage)