With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
For more than 20 years, Natural Capital Partners has been at the forefront of results-based finance, providing environmental solutions for corporates striving to meet their emission reduction targets, support renewable energy and have a positive impact on the environment and communities. Employing a wide range of products and services, we craft innovative solutions across multiple countries and continents that best fit our clients’ needs.
We work with more than 300 clients in 30 countries, including Microsoft, Marks and Spencer, Intuit, VMWare, Bain and Company and Sky, who are addressing their environmental impacts while improving their operating and financial results. We deliver products and services that are tailored to meet our clients’ goals, including carbon credits, Energy Attribute Certificates (GOs RECs, I-RECs and more), renewable gas, avoided deforestation and reforestation. Over the last twenty years we have contracted more than 51 million environmental instruments on behalf of our clients, from projects in 67 countries.
We are a single-source provider of global environmental instruments, delivering ease, efficiency and value to meet our clients’ requirements. We live this mantra and we are singularly focused on maintaining and enhancing this market position.
We are seeking a Global Markets Manager who is located in the United States, to work closely with our project partners and our existing and prospective clients. Central to the role is the development and maintenance of strong supplier relationships that create value by ensuring Natural Capital Partners has the most competitive market access and also identifies new market opportunities. The successful candidate will conduct supplier and project level due diligence, project impact evaluation, negotiate supply agreements, commercial contracting, and managing instrument delivery and fulfilment.
The role involves working with the Global Markets team, the Sales and Marketing teams and clients, to source a broad portfolio of environmental instruments to meet our clients’ requirements. Natural Capital Partners’ portfolio includes instruments from the full range of carbon standards; predominately voluntary and some compliance standards. In addition, the global suite of energy attribute certificates across the REC, GO, I-REC and other national electricity instrument markets. The role involves being an expert and knowledgeable across multiple instrument standards and markets. In addition, it requires a commitment to becoming expert in new and emerging instrument markets such as green gas certificates and the emerging markets for sustainable development impacts.
This role reports to and collaborates closely with the Chief Product Officer on a variety of critical strategic and operational initiatives that touch all departments across the organization. In addition, you will collaborate with the Marketing and Business Development teams to build instrument portfolios that our clients’ value and work closely with the Finance team to ensure the instruments deliver our financial and reporting targets.
- Conduct technical due diligence and impact evaluation on projects.
- Develop new and mange existing supplier relationships.
- Travel to projects to conduct on-site diligence.
- Structure and negotiate commercial contracts with our supply partners.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create and contribute to project collateral.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure streamlined instrument delivery, supplier payment and financial reporting.
- Be an internal subject matter expert, provide training internally to colleagues as appropriate, and communicate project features with sales/marketing teams.
- Mentoring and training junior members of the team.
- Contributing to our technical due diligence process and assessment tools.
- Contribute to overall portfolio and risk identification, management and reporting.
- Identify and evaluate new market opportunities for the business to pursue.
Candidate attributes include:
- 10 years’ experience in the carbon and renewable energy fields.
- A strong network of contacts and colleagues in the renewables and carbon finance space.
- Excellent communication skills, to convince and motivate a team to work together towards a product vision and to encourage a team to work to a product plan.
- Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions based on sound judgement and analytical techniques.
- Commercially minded with a strong client focus.
- A consultative approach, interpersonal and influencing skills, an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products – especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- National, or holder of a valid required work visa in the United States.
The success of the role will be measured against targets relating to the profitability of the portfolio and the resulting success in terms of increased revenue, client satisfaction and retention.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, mentioning Manager, Global Markets in the subject line.