With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
Date: 21 December 2020
In this critical decade of climate action, the voluntary carbon market has been widely acknowledged for its important role in helping us avoid, reduce and remove carbon emissions. The Taskforce on Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets predicts it can grow at least 15 times in size to help deliver on the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Projects that deliver measured, monitored and independently audited emission reductions underpin this market and are critical to its success. But those projects do so much more, making an important contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals and delivering finance to support some of the communities most impacted by climate change yet least responsible:
- conserving and restoring biodiversity
- improving health and livelihoods
- providing access to education
- supporting gender equality.
At Natural Capital Partners, we have built a comprehensive network of partners who are delivering projects of the highest quality with great stories just yearning to be told.
From solar power for off-grid communities in India, to conservation of tropical rainforest in Indonesia, to efficient cookstoves in Ghana, these are the projects that are making real change possible. Now.
Our clients – some of the world’s largest and most committed to delivering climate action – support these projects through their offset programmes, using the voluntary carbon market to meet ambitious targets for greenhouse gas emissions, finance our global transformation to a low carbon economy, and support sustainable development for communities throughout the world.
We are looking for someone to join our team and tell the stories of how the voluntary carbon market delivers impact and results. They must:
- have as much interest in understanding the technical details of how a project calculates emission reductions, as the personal account of how the health and livelihood of a family has improved
- want to dig in and find the stories that show the whole picture – cleaning plastic from rivers, educating farmers, building health clinics
- have a talent for using graphics, videos, photos, and words to create insightful and compelling content
- be dedicated to delivering a full suite of marketing content about the projects for our website, PowerPoint sales materials and client communications.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of writing compelling, engaging content for a business audience
- Keen interest in understanding projects at a detailed level, combined with the ability to think creatively in order to use a range of media to tell project stories
- Experience working across teams to gather information, understand requirements and develop high quality materials
- Experience working in a B2B company
- A strong interest in low-carbon technologies and the private sector’s response to climate change
- Previous experience in the voluntary carbon market is preferred but not required.
Location: UK, Europe or US East Coast. The candidate must be able to work remotely and must have all the required work authorisations for where they are based. They must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
Natural Capital Partners is a world-leading provider of carbon neutrality and climate finance solutions. With more than 300 clients in 34 countries, including Microsoft, MetLife, Logitech, PwC, Sky and UPS, we are harnessing the power of business to create a more sustainable world. Through a global network of projects, we deliver the highest quality solutions which make real change possible: reduce carbon emissions, generate renewable energy, build resilience in supply chains, conserve forests and biodiversity, and improve health and livelihoods.
We were founded in 1997 and have offices in North and Central America, Europe and Asia. Since we began, we have worked with more than 489 projects in 64 countries on behalf of our clients. We have been recognised as Environmental Finance Best Offset Retailer award for the past ten years and Best Advisory Service for the last four.
When you join Natural Capital Partners you will find a community who share a passion and purpose to making real change possible with the vast resources only business can provide. A team whose knowledge and experience combines with an unrelenting commitment to building collaborative, trusted partnerships and delivering results and positive impact. While others are talking, we are doing.
We are committed to a culture that values independent thought and respects different backgrounds, heritage, and perspective. It is this culture which enables us to harness the ingenuity required to tackle one of the greatest challenges that humans have faced. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment where we celebrate our differences to work together towards one mission: harnessing the power of business to create a more sustainable world.
To us, it’s only natural.
Please submit your application in writing, with cover letter to email@example.com with Marketing Manager in the subject line.