With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
Date: 11 November 2020
For more than 20 years, Natural Capital Partners has been at the forefront of results-based finance, providing environmental solutions for corporates striving to meet their emission reduction targets, support renewable energy and have a positive impact on the environment and communities. Employing a wide range of products and services, we craft innovative solutions across multiple countries and continents that best fit our clients’ needs. We work with more than 300 clients in 30 countries, including Microsoft, Marks and Spencer, Intuit, VMWare, Bain and Company and Sky, who are addressing their environmental impacts while improving their operating and financial results. We deliver products and services that are tailored to meet our clients’ goals, including carbon credits, Energy Attribute Certificates (GOs, RECs, I-RECs and more), renewable gas, avoided deforestation and reforestation. Our product and service offerings must continually evolve to provide the full range of solutions for our corporate client base.
We are a single-source provider of global environmental instruments, delivering ease, efficiency and value to meet our clients’ requirements. We live this mantra and we are singularly focused on maintaining and enhancing this market position.
Natural Capital Partners will be selectively expanding the portfolio of carbon assets we develop throughout 2021. We will focus primarily on nature-based solutions, an area of deep expertise within our Global Markets team. This capability set, combined with our industry-recognized sales and marketing auspices and strong client base, has resulted in Natural Capital Partners receiving the Best Offset Retailer award from industry news and analysis service Environmental Finance for the last 10 consecutive years, as voted upon by the owners and operators of emission reduction projects in the global project community. Our more than 20 years of success in the emission reduction marketplace is evidenced by our consistent ability to generate and capture demand while delivering meaningful carbon finance to projects. We are uniquely positioned to create new nature-based carbon assets and we are excited to be expanding our team to deliver this future.
We are seeking a Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) Analyst, located internationally to work remotely as part of our Global Markets group, to work closely with our existing and prospective clients and manage the evolution of our services, developing and implementing new natural climate solutions. The role involves working cross functionally with all operating groups at Natural Capital Partners, including Global Markets, Sales and Marketing, and Finance, to ensure that Natural Capital Partners originates the best natural climate solutions.
This role reports to and collaborates closely with the Natural Climate Solutions Manager. You will shape the development of the natural climate solutions portfolio by determining how Natural Capital Partners can profitably bring new projects to market. The role requires expertise across the emerging range of natural climate solutions and how these are organised within the carbon standards, plus a commitment and willingness to become an expert in new and emerging methodologies. Natural climate solutions of current interest include forests (new and old growth), grasslands, wetlands, peatlands, mangroves.
- Assisting the Natural Climate Solutions Manager on the existing portfolio of NCS projects that Natural Capital Partners has worked with over the past 10 years, as well as additional natural climate solutions.
- Extensively engaging with the Natural Climate Solutions Manager to identify and evaluate early stage natural climate solutions with the potential to be developed under carbon standards.
- Assisting the Natural Climate Solutions Manager to develop the business case for specific NCS partnerships and project opportunities that support the activation of new projects through sophisticated carbon offtake agreements.
- Assist the Natural Climate Solutions Manager to manage the development of new NCS project partnerships through to commercial success.
- Identifying the key benefits and value proposition of NCS projects and solutions, educating colleagues and helping the sales and marketing teams communicate project features and value.
- Actively engaging with NGOs and corporate commitment clubs relating to scaling carbon finance for NCS at the international and country levels.
- Working independently and traveling internationally as part of project due diligence efforts.
Candidate attributes include:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in carbon and NCS markets.
- Sound knowledge on different international carbon standards and Emission Reduction calculation methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge on GIS (geographic information system) and Remote Sensing would be an advantage.
- Experience in researching information from divergent sources and compiling it into a cohesive reporting structure.
- Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions, based on sound judgement and analytical techniques.
- Self-starting, independent worker who thrives in a decentralized organization with limited oversight.
- A consultative approach, interpersonal and influencing skills, an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Fluency in English.
- Ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products – especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- National, or holder of a valid required work visa in host country
- Experience interacting with senior leadership.
The success of the role will be measured against targets relating to the speed of developing new projects and their resulting success in terms of increased revenue, client satisfaction and retention.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, mentioning Natural Climate Solutions Analyst in the subject line.