With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
For more than 20 years, Natural Capital Partners has been at the forefront of results-based finance, providing environmental solutions for corporates striving to meet their emission reduction targets, support renewable energy and have a positive impact on the environment and communities. Employing a wide range of products and services, we craft innovative solutions across multiple countries and continents that best fit our clients’ needs. We work with more than 300 clients in 30 countries, including Microsoft, MetLife, Intuit, VMWare, PwC and Sky, to meet their carbon neutral, RE100 and net zero goals with the highest quality solutions. Our products and services are tailored to meet our clients’ specific areas of interest, including carbon credits, Energy Attribute Certificates (GOs, RECs, I-RECs and more), renewable gas, avoided deforestation and reforestation. Our product and service offerings must continually evolve to provide the full range of solutions for our corporate client base.
We are a single-source provider of global environmental instruments, delivering ease, efficiency and value to meet our clients’ requirements. We live this mantra and we are singularly focused on maintaining and enhancing this market position.
We are seeking a Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) Manager, located either in the US or internationally, to work closely with our existing and prospective clients and manage the evolution of our services, developing and implementing new natural climate solutions. The role involves working cross functionally with all operating groups at Natural Capital Partners, including Global Markets, Sales and Marketing, and Finance, to ensure that Natural Capital Partners originates the best natural climate solutions.
This role reports to and collaborates closely with the Chief Product Officer. You will shape the development of the natural climate solutions portfolio by determining how Natural Capital Partners can profitably bring new projects to market. The role requires expertise across the emerging range of natural climate solutions and how these are organised within the carbon standards, plus a commitment and willingness to become an expert in new and emerging methodologies. Natural climate solutions of current interest include forests (new and old growth), grasslands, wetlands, peatlands, mangroves.
- Developing a vision and roadmap for NCS, based on input from internal subject matter experts, clients and the market.
- Becoming the internal expert on the existing portfolio of NCS projects that Natural Capital Partners has worked with over the past 10 years, as well as additional natural climate solutions.
- Extensively engaging with the market to identify and evaluate early stage NCS with the potential to be developed under carbon standards.
- Developing the business case for specific NCS partnerships and project opportunities that support the activation of new projects through sophisticated carbon offtake agreements.
- Project managing the development of new NCS project partnerships through to commercial success.
- Identifying the key benefits and value proposition of NCS projects and solutions, educating colleagues and helping the sales and marketing teams communicate project features and value.
- Being the internal NCS subject matter expert, providing training internally to colleagues, and communicating project features with sales/marketing teams.
- Actively engaging with NGOs and corporate commitment clubs relating to scaling carbon finance for NCS at the international and country levels.
- Developing strategic partnerships with relevant agencies, conservation organizations, and/or industry.
- Providing research and policy analysis and possibly preparing program materials, including presentations, memos, and other communications.
- Working independently and traveling internationally as part of project due diligence efforts.
Candidate attributes include:
- Five to seven years' experience in carbon and NCS markets.
- Experience working with companies on climate change, ideally including NCS.
- A strong network of contacts and in the NCS and carbon finance space.
- Experience of project development of NCS carbon finance (often referred to as ‘REDD+’) projects, including in Africa.
- Experience researching information from different sources and compiling it into a cohesive reporting structure.
- Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions, based on sound judgement and analytical techniques.
- Self-starting, independent worker who thrives in a decentralized organization with limited oversight.
- Commercially minded with a customer focus.
- A consultative approach, interpersonal and influencing skills, an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products – especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- National, or holder of a valid required work visa in host country
- Experience interacting with senior leadership.
- Fluency in English.
The success of the role will be measured against targets relating to the speed of developing new projects and their resulting success in terms of increased revenue, client satisfaction and retention.
To apply for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning Product Manager in the subject line.