With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
Date: 04 June 2021
About the Company
With more than 300 clients in 34 countries, including Microsoft, MetLife, Logitech, PwC and Sky, Natural Capital Partners is harnessing the power of business to create a more sustainable world. Through a global network of projects, the company delivers the highest quality solutions which make real change possible: reducing carbon emissions, generating renewable energy, building resilience in supply chains, conserving and restoring forests and biodiversity, and improving health and livelihoods. We are a single-source provider of global environmental instruments, delivering ease, efficiency and value to meet our clients’ requirements. We live this mantra and we are singularly focused on maintaining and enhancing this market position.
In April of 2021, Natural Capital Partners was acquired by Averna Capital, a UK based private equity firm, and merged with ClimateCare. The combined business will serve more than 500 clients and work with more than 600 projects in 56 countries. The group will use its access to capital, global reach, longstanding industry and project development expertise and unrivalled experience working with the world’s largest brands and global companies, to partner with clients and governments to deliver on their ambitious climate and Net Zero goals.
We are looking for an outstanding accounting professional to join our team as our Senior Accountant, based in our Mt Pleasant, South Carolina office.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks associated with analyzing and maintaining the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of the financial information contained therein, and preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for our US and UK operating companies and the associated monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidation of the results into our US holding company. This role will also assist with supervising one accounts receivable accountant and one accounts payable accountant.
- Responsible for performing the day-to-day tasks associated with analyzing and maintaining the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of the financial information contained therein, and preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for our US and UK operating companies and the associated monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidation of the results into our US holding company.
- Maintain month end close check lists and reconciliation schedules for all general ledger accounts and own the monthly processes from start to finish.
- Support information requests associated with the annual financial statement audits for the consolidated UK GAAP audit of the US and UK operating entities, in addition to the standalone UK GAAP audit of the UK operating entity.
- Work with external accountants to provide the information necessary to prepare all required US and UK tax returns.
- Oversee the work performed within the accounts payable function, ensuring that invoices are posted to the correct period, legal entity, and in the appropriate currency.
- Oversee the work performed within the accounts receivable function. Prepare weekly reports for review with the sales team, create an automated process for email communications with clients, intervening with personal emails and phone calls to achieve desired outcomes as necessary.
- Make recommendations on intercompany transfers across multiple bank accounts and currencies to ensure that all bank accounts are always appropriately funded while monitoring FX risk.
- Responsible for ensuring that all entities are properly registered, in good standing, and that all required filings and filing fees are remitted/paid timely.
- Responsible for recording all payroll related journal entries for the US and UK entities, including bonus and commission accrual management.
- Support the new vendor and new client onboarding processes that includes due diligence of each new vendor to ensure that there are no obvious credit risks and or bad actors involved, and responding to new client onboarding requests for company information.
- Review and approve the work of the staff accountants to ensure that coaching and development opportunities are made available.
- Assist with various ad hoc projects/research as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with minimum 5 years of hands-on accounting work experience
- Applicable general ledger, multi-entity, multi-currency financial statement preparation experience required
- Prior experience accounting for environmental or financial instruments a major plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and Sage 50 systems desirable, systems implementation and migration experience a plus
- Experience managing and reconciling inventory in an ERP system required
- Exceptional spreadsheet and database skills
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to promote a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, and discretion at all times
- Results oriented and strives for continuous improvement
- Works well independently and collaboratively in a decentralized team environment
To apply please contact HR@naturalcapitalpartners.com with resume