With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
As Eastern Region Vice President with Natural Capital Partners you will make your mark, share your passion and drive the market-based solutions to create a more sustainable world. You're a communicator and translator between the unique capabilities of Natural Capital Partners and the marketplace. You are the face of Natural Capital Partners to its clients and prospects, some novice and some passionate leaders in sustainability. You are excited to have the chance to help leading companies achieve their sustainability goals and generate business value.
Natural Capital Partners has an opening for a Eastern Region Vice President who will maximize business opportunities by strategically leveraging the company’s unique capabilities as a provider of market-based environmental solutions.
Natural Capital Partners is a world-leading provider of market-based solutions to help our clients combine business success with positive impact on the environment. Since 1997 we have contracted more than 300 projects in 44 countries and currently, we work with more than 350 clients in over 34 countries including UPS, Microsoft, Bain & Company, MetLife, VMware, Intuit, PwC and Marks & Spencer, ensuring their programs deliver guaranteed results, protect and enhance their reputations, and enable them to demonstrate leadership.
Through its global offices, Natural Capital Partners’ team works with international B2B corporations to develop and manage portfolios of market-based instruments that reduce environmental impacts, preserve natural capital and strengthen businesses. For more than 20 years, we have been entirely focused on delivering comprehensive solutions which drive business results for many of the world’s largest, best known, and most respected companies.
From carbon neutrality to 100% renewable energy, to forest creation and conservation, building supply chain resilience and meeting the Sustainable Development Goals, we have developed a track record of innovation and quality in the relentless pursuit of solutions that will meet our clients’ needs.
About our offering
Natural Capital Partners works with its clients to manage and mitigate their environmental impacts through the delivery of finance to projects that preserve and strengthen natural capital around the world. Our work includes managing greenhouse gas emissions assessments, carbon and renewable energy credit procurement, water and forest creation certificates, the assurance of impeccable quality guarantees, tailoring of environmental finance programs to meet specific client requirements and support in the form of stakeholder engagement programs.
We create tailored portfolios of environmental instruments to align with our clients’ business goals and location, technology, and sustainability requirements. Some of our most exciting and pioneering work includes helping clients fully integrate the sustainable impacts inherent in their portfolios into their overall corporate responsibility strategies. Benefits such as improved community health and well-being, job creation, and biodiversity protection, demonstrate that businesses are having an even greater impact beyond reducing carbon emissions.
About the job
The Eastern Region Vice President will focus on three key areas:
1. Strategic Market Segment Development - identify and pursue opportunities across multiple market segments with companies seeking market based environmental solutions. Work closely with project sourcing, technical, marketing and senior management teams to develop sector specific strategies that will attract and retain clients.
2. Strategic Target Client Development - proactively develop relationships with key companies, individuals and organizations interested in integrating market-based instruments into an overall sustainability strategy. Consult with clients and prospects, the majority of which have limited understanding of market-based instruments, to develop strategies, programs and portfolios that generate enterprise business value. Move multiple prospects and clients through a decision making process in order to achieve revenue and profit goals.
3. Market Antennae - research and return the latest trends and opportunities in environmental markets.
• Bachelor's degree; prefer a degree in technical, business or sustainability field
• Experience in carbon and/or renewable energy markets
• Demonstrated understanding of the principles of sustainable development and their application to business models
• Experience in translating sustainability and 'green' issues to business and industry
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic, high level of energy, flexibility and sense of humor
• Ability to respond/communicate quickly, clearly and persuasively on a variety of sustainability subjects
• Ability to exercise sound judgment to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and work effectively within a matrixed team
• Strong research, interpersonal and inter-cultural skills
• Experience with developing and maintaining extensive network of relationships with decision makers in strategic business opportunities
• Experience in managing complex projects and client relations
• Comfort in addressing large and small audiences
• Must work from a home office and be willing to travel across regional market ~20 – 30% and be available to participate in trade shows and industry events
Geographic location – East Coast USA, New York or DC preferred
Compensation – commensurate with experience, salary plus incentive
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic team driving market-based solutions to create a more sustainable world - Make the most of it: send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org