With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
Date: 7 October 2020
As Western Region Vice President with Natural Capital Partners, you will make your mark, share your passion and drive the use of market-based solutions to create a more sustainable world. You are the face of Natural Capital Partners to its clients and prospects, excited to help companies at all stages of the journey achieve their sustainability goals and generate business value. You're a communicator and solution finder, making the links between the unique capabilities of Natural Capital Partners and the businesses that want to make a difference.
Commitments to climate action are increasing throughout business, with research into the Fortune Global 500 showing that carbon neutrality is one of the leading commitments delivering impact today. Natural Capital Partners delivers the most recognized framework for carbon neutrality, updated annually, and used by leading organizations including HP, Microsoft, BCG and Logitech. We are looking for a driven leader to expand on this success as Western Region Vice President responsible for maximizing business opportunities by strategically leveraging the company’s unique capabilities as a provider of project based environmental solutions.
Natural Capital Partners is a world-leading provider of carbon neutrality and climate finance solutions. With more than 300 clients in 34 countries, including Microsoft, MetLife, Logitech, PwC, Sky and UPS, we are harnessing the power of business to create a more sustainable world. Through a global network of projects, we deliver the highest quality solutions which make real change possible: reduce carbon emissions, generate renewable energy, build resilience in supply chains, conserve forests and biodiversity, and improve health and livelihoods.
We were founded in 1997 and have offices in North and South America and Europe. Since we began, we have worked with more than 489 projects in 64 countries on behalf of our clients. We have been recognized as Environmental Finance Best Offset Retailer award for the past ten years and Best Advisory Service for the last four.
About Our Offering
Natural Capital Partners works with its clients to manage and mitigate their environmental impacts through the delivery of finance to projects that preserve and strengthen natural capital around the world. Our work includes managing greenhouse gas emissions assessments, carbon and renewable energy credit procurement, water and forest creation certificates, the assurance of impeccable quality guarantees, tailoring of environmental finance programs to meet specific client requirements and support in the form of stakeholder engagement programs.
We create tailored portfolios of environmental instruments to meet our clients' specific needs, aligning with their business goals and location, technology, and sustainability requirements. Some of our most exciting and pioneering work includes helping clients fully integrate the sustainable impacts inherent in their portfolios into their overall corporate responsibility strategies. Benefits such as improved community health and well-being, job creation, and biodiversity protection, demonstrate that businesses are having an even greater impact beyond reducing carbon emissions.
About the Role
The Western Region Vice President will focus on three key areas:
- Strategic Business Development - identify and pursue opportunities across multiple market segments with companies seeking market-based environmental solutions. Consult with prospects, the majority of whom have limited understanding of market-based instruments, to develop strategies, programs and portfolios that generate enterprise business value. Work closely with project sourcing, technical, marketing and senior management teams to develop sector specific strategies that will attract and retain clients.
- Strategic Client Development - deepen relationships with existing companies, individuals and organizations interested in increasing and accelerating their climate action. Consult with clients to develop strategies, programs and portfolios that build impact. Move multiple prospects and clients through a decision-making process in order to achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Market Antennae - research and return the latest trends and opportunities to deliver climate impact through environmental markets.
- Master's degree; prefer a degree in technical, business or sustainability field
- Minimum five years' commercial experience
- Experience in global carbon and renewable energy markets and/or corporate sustainability
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of sustainable development and their application to business models
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, high level of energy, flexibility and sense of humor
- Ability to respond/communicate quickly, clearly and persuasively on a variety of sustainability subjects
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and work effectively within a matrixed team
- Strong research, interpersonal and inter-cultural skills
- Experience with developing and maintaining extensive network of relationships with decision makers in strategic business opportunities
- Experience in managing complex projects and client relations
- Comfort in addressing large and small audiences
- Legal ability to work in geography (i.e., national or holder of work permit required)
- Must work from a home office and be willing to travel across regional market ~20 – 30% and be available to participate in trade shows and industry events.
Geographic location Western United States
Compensation – commensurate with experience, salary plus incentive
When you join Natural Capital Partners you will find a community who share a passion and purpose to making real change possible with the vast resources only business can provide. A team whose knowledge and experience combines with an unrelenting commitment to building collaborative, trusted partnerships and delivering results and positive impact. While others are talking, we are doing.
We are committed to a culture that values independent thought and respects different backgrounds, heritage, and perspective. It is this culture which enables us to harness the ingenuity required to tackle one of the greatest challenges that humans have faced. We are committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment where we celebrate our differences to work together towards one mission: harnessing the power of business to create a more sustainable world.
To us, it’s only natural.
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic team driving project-based solutions to create a more sustainable world. Make the most of it; send your resume and cover letter to Chloe.email@example.com