With 20 years’ experience and a global network of project partners, we work with our clients to deliver high quality solutions that ensure immediate, positive impact on the world’s natural capital.
The latest climate change negotiations in Bonn were where the gritty details were negotiated to deliver on the ambition of the Paris Agreement. And the decisions made will impact business, whether it’s new policy or expectations for increased private sector involvement to meet the 2°c goal.
During this webinar, Managing Director of Natural Capital Partners, Jonathan Shopley, reviews the decisions made in Bonn and assesses the implications for corporate climate action.
Watch the webinar here:
Audience poll 1 results in response to: "There's enough clarity on policy to enable my organisation to take the action required to thrive in a carbon constrained world."
Audience poll 2 results in response to: "How I feel now about the action required by my business to thrive in a carbon constrained world."
In his assessment Jonathan covers:
- The Paris climate agreement is beginning to get its “legs,” but what risks and opportunities does that offer for business?
- The COP is critical to establishing the finer details of the Paris Agreement. Who are the movers and shakers, what are their climate strategies, and where were the particularly thorny issues?
- Science Based Targets and RE100 are considered successful platforms, but still represent fewer than 1% of the companies listed on stock exchanges around the world. How do the efforts of Climate Week and COP get the remaining 99% on board?
About Jonathan: Jonathan leads Natural Capital Partners’ contribution to international policy developments on climate change, and standards for carbon trading and carbon offsetting. He is on the board of the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA), and the executive team of the International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA). Jonathan, who joined our team in 2001, has 25 years’ experience in identifying and mitigating environmental impacts from industry. He is regularly invited to represent the view of business at UN COP meetings, and industry events throughout the world.